Banner Image
Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help you orient yourself to our townhouse community.

1. I have a question about the community rules or a complaint, whom should I call?

Call the management company or submit a question or problem via email at [email protected].

2. What are trash and recycling days?
As of Monday, September 21, 2020Trash Away will be our trash and recycling service provider.

Pickup Schedule
Pickup will likely occur sometime between 9 and 10 after collection from Stockwell Manor.
  • Solid Waste (regular household garbage): Monday and Thursday
  • Recycling*: Thursday 
    *Glass recycling: Fairfax County continues to suspend curbside glass recycling pickup. Glass recyclables should be dropped off in the purple bins located throughout the county.
  • Yard waste: collection occurs with regular trash service but should be bagged separately in lawn/yard waste bags or reusable containers. Brush must be in containers or bundles no more than 50 lbs and 4’ in length.
  • Bulk items**: Collection is on Thursdays and is included in our contract but residents must advise Trash Away in advance.
    **This does not include “white metal” items like refrigerators, washers, etc. These items can be collected by Trash Away by contacting them directly to schedule and pay any related fees.
Contact Trash Away
[email protected]

4. There are some kids going into the woods at night. I think they might be drinking. Whom should I contact?

For any kind of suspicious activity or disturbance, contact the Fairfax County Police Department at the non-emergency number: 703-556-7750.

5. I want to make some major renovations to the front and back of my house. Do I need to get someone’s permission?

Yes. Any time you want to make changes to the outside of your home, (For example: a new door or windows, repainting, landscaping, building a new shed, deck, or patio, etc.), you need to complete an Architectural Control Form and wait for approval prior to beginning the work. The form can be found on the web site or you may call the management company and ask them to send you a form.

6. My friends are coming to stay at my house for two weeks. Where should they park their car?

They can park in your extra space if you have only one vehicle or they can park on the state streets, Hutchison or Gervais. They can also park on the circle at McLean Greens Court.

7. My neighbor’s dogs are horrid. They bark at all times of the day or night. They run off leash and the neighbor does not pick-up after them. What recourse do I have?

The Fairfax County Noise Ordinance is frequently updated and is currently vague. Any continuous noise between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am should be reported to the Fairfax County Police.

According to the McLean Greens Homeowner Association documents and Fairfax County Law, dogs must be on a leash at all times, and owners must pick up their waste and dispose of it properly. For these issues contact the management company.

8. I am a renter and don’t know all the rules. What should I do?

Your landlord should have provided you with the rules and regulations of the community. They are also available on the McLean Greens website on the documents page. Your landlord is responsible for your actions. If you do something not in conformance with the community documents, your landlord may be assessed a monetary charge if the action is not corrected.

9. What do our quarterly homeowner assessment fees cover?

The assessments are used for landscaping and grass cutting, federal and state taxes, trash removal, snow removal, tree services, legal fees, extermination, audit fees, insurance, web hosting and maintenance, meeting expenses, the reserve study, reserves (to be used for replacing/repairing sidewalks and streets), electricity, any unexpected emergencies, costs for resident correspondence, and management company fees.
The board of directors and other committees that support our community consist of volunteers that do not get compensated for the work they do.