Golf Cart Ordinances
Golf Cart OrdinancesOperating golf carts on public streets within the Preston Community Association is permitted provided, but not limited to, the following:
- the operator is at least 16 years old and holds a valid driver's license
- the cart is not traveling faster than 20 mph
- the cart is operated only during daylight hours; or, if equipped with operating lights and reflectors, during the hours of 7am-9pm (in Morrisville) or 7am-10pm (in Cary)
- Golf cart drivers are to try to stay to the far right side of the road, and yield to vehicles and pedestrians.
- Golf carts are not allowed on sidewalks.
Town of Cary Golf Cart Ordinance
Town of Morrisville Golf Cart Ordinance